Hi! I’m Karol, a remote Ruby on Rails and Ember.js consultant, currently working as CTO at BookingSync. I build ambitious and high performant web applications.
Thanks to several years of experience and learning new skills every day, I had a chance to work on variety of problems, from building applications from scratch to helping in growing advanced startups in post-MVP phase. The problems I particularly enjoy working on and are areas of my expertise:
- enteprise integration using messaging systems
- building microservices
- building highly-performant REST APIs
- making Rails applications highly scalable (yes, Rails apps do scale ;))
- implementing PCI DSS compliant microservices, especially for credit card payments’ processing
- refactoring legacy applications and making it maintainable
I strongly believe in always giving back. That’s why I’ve been involed in many open source projects and have been sharing knowledge on multiple possibilities (including writing a book and releasing it for free for everyone). I’m always happy to do paid open souce work, mentor developers and write guest blog posts.